Dragon Bound

Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) - Thea Harrison

I actually read Dragon Bound a few years ago when I decided to pick up reading again. I love dragons and randomly happened across this title and gave it a try. I had never read a adult paranormal romance series and had no idea what to expect.

I liked it overall, but wasn't sure if I would continue it. With the SOS Bookshelf Bingo I decided to use this as my free pick since I was interested in finally continuing the series and had only vague memories of what happened. I was able to get into it a bit more now, since I knew what I was getting myself into.

Pia, the female protagonist was one of the highlights of the book and she kept me laughing throughout most of it. Dragos, while he got better, was a bit too much of an asshole for most of the book to appeal to me. But then again, he's as old as time itself and a bit set in his ways.  I heard that the couple is revisited in the fifth book and I do look forward to that.

“He stared at her neck. Realization pulsed. He was looking at the bite he had given her. A hard length was growing against her hip.

'So, is that your long, scaly, reptilian tail, or are you just happy to see me?'

No, she did not just say that. Did she?”