The Suffragette Scandal

The Suffragette Scandal - Courtney Milan

Finally got to finish the Brothers Sinister series. Though this one is a bit more disconnected. The first three books focused on a group of men, the Brothers Sinister, who all went to school together and are left handed. This book takes places years later and features Frederica ("Free") Marshall, the younger half sister of Oliver, the protagonist of the Heiress Effect.

We've seen Free grow up through the first three books and her interest in women's rights. By the time of this book, she has a newsletter going out that advocates for giving women the right to vote.  However, her newsletter has made her a target.

Enter Edward Clark, a presumed dead English noble who left years ago and was not planning to return. However, one of the writers on Free's staff is an old friend and needs his help.

As with her previous books, I can never put my finger on it, but her books just work. She takes some historical liberties, such as when the term Suffragette was coined, and discusses her choices in the end. This book was my favorite in the series and I plan to start reading through her older ones soonish.