Kinslayer

Kinslayer - Jay Kristoff

Kinslayer took me a while to read and I have no idea why. It is a really good book, but it just was not grabbing as much as I wanted it to.

The book is clearly building up to a big finale. There's a lot that happens in this book to set up for that and introducing new plotlines as we go. A lot does happen, but compared to what seems like is going to happen, it's clearly the middle book.

There were a lot of great moments in this series, my two favorite were probably:

When we found out Hiro was alive (did not see that coming at all) and her pregnancy. I'm like 99% sure it's Hiro but I was reading the preview for the next book in which someone mentions Kin and while I don't remember them sleeping together, the part of the book I read when they were together was a while ago and the book is currently across the room. aka, I am lazy.

Usually I'm not a fan of pregnancies (Twilight), but I liked this twist.

Also, honorable mention for Kin's betrayal. Though I understand why he did it. There's only so much you can do when everyone is determined to hate you.

(show spoiler)

One nice thing about not reading this book earlier is the finale comes out next month :)