Lover Avenged

Lover Avenged  - J.R. Ward

Lover Avenged is the first BDB book to feature a non-brother, but we've gotten to know Rehvenge fairly well over the first six books. This book is probably my second favorite after Lover Awakened. Something about those "Lover A-" books. I now have high hopes for "Lover at Last" since that kinda counts.

One thing I liked about this book was the balance of the progression of the overall storyline with the love story. I think we got enough of both, even with the multitude of viewpoints.

I really liked Ehlena and she was one of my favorite parts of the book. Rehvenge was a flawed hero, but while he wasn't honest about who he was or what he did (not that she really asked), he was as genuine as possible regarding his feelings with her. I always get a bit annoyed when one of the people just will not admit that they actually like the person.

The ending was a good set up for the next book and I look forward to reading it, even though I was not initially a fan of the John Michael/Xhex pairing, but it has grown on me through the last few books.